POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspiration and/or coincidence : Re: Inspiration and/or coincidence Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspiration and/or coincidence
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Jan 2008 11:10:00
Message: <web.479b5b2f2801d61a743af2f90@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> You can try this direct link to the studio that made the commercial. You'll
> need QuickTime though, but at least there are some screenshots.
> http://www.methodstudios.com/project/973.html

whoa!  Thanks!  It works well with mplayer...

Well, inspiration or coincidence, you gotta agree the movies is truly cool!  If
only you had a multimillion renderfarm at the time to put that giant to move,
huh?

I only feel bad that so many great CGI is just used to sell stuff or make
Hollywood blockbusters...

BTW, in that Wet Bird reconstruction, I find it funny that passage of time from
then to now is clearly shown in the updated car models.  Other than that, Bryce
seems to skip the foggy atmosphere?

And speaking of povray-inspired reconstructions, Tor Olav Kristensen might want
to check it out:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109117

:)